In 1895 a young pioneer Ernest Hayes began farming the rugged back country of New Zealand’s South Island and through his background in engineering, soon began to develop the tools that would help turn this wilderness back country into productive land.
Initially produced by hand, Hayes’ simple tools began to develop a solid reputation and in 1902 he established the company that would proudly bear his name.
Times have changed, but the Hayes product you buy today remains a tribute to Ernest Hayes’ imagination, drive, energy and determination to be the best.
Now 125 years on, Hayes products can be found hard at work all over New Zealand and in over 25 countries around the world.
Smooth Grip Chain Strainer
Adjustable-Collapsible Wire Dispenser
Single Tier Wire Dispenser
Fence Post Tools
Fencing Spade ProHead
Steel Standard Driver
ProCrimp & Crimp Sleeves
4-in-1 fencing tool - crimping tool, staple puller, cable stripper, and wire cutter.
- Hardened stainless steel components provide strength and corrosion resistance
- Double action crimping jaws maximise crimping force and enhance locking action for gripping staples
- Flat head jaws give improved stability when removing staples
- Extra long handles for improved crimping power and greater leverage for removing staples
Made in NZ
The easiest and most effective means of joining wire. Creates a joint that exceeds the breaking strength of wire.
Suitable for 1.6 - 2.5 mm (16 - 12½ gauge)
fence wire Pot of 100 (807979) Tub of 500 (808211)
Suitable for 2.50 - 3.15 mm (12½ - 10 gauge) fence wire
Pot of 50 (808209) Tub of 500 (808212))
Suitable for 3.55 - 4.0 mm (9 - 8 gauge) fence wire
Pot of 50 (808210)
Suitable for barbed wire
Pot of 50 (872051)
For connection to electric fences
Pot of 50 (872052)
Fastlok Wire Connector
Reusable wire connector
Pot of 10 (808324)
Permanent Wire Strainer with Insulator
Permanent Wire Strainer
The original ratchet wire strainer
- Superior load capacity
- Famous for strength
- Used in conjunction with permanent wire strainers to tighten fence wire
Made in NZ
Premium Wire Cutters
- High Performance
- Scalloped jaw design
- Hardened cutting edges
- Maximum 4.00 mm diameter
- Made in Taiwan
- Prevents the batten from moving while stapling
- Strong one-piece design, lightweight to carry
Made in NZ